Analyses and research
Analyses and research
- Snapshot of the political landscape of Budapest - Party-preference and opposition expectations in the capital.
- Budapest is a political citadel for the opposition parties. Any electoral map from the last decade will reveal the hole in the middle of the orange landscape - the capital. On one hand, Budapest is becoming more "oppositional", if we consider that since 2019 the city has had an opposition mayor and a majority in the city assembly, and in the 202...
- How to govern a state? - Ideal governance according to Hungarian voters
- Determining political party preferences of voters is a relatively straightforward process. The majority of voters know which party they would vote for, and they often declare their opinion in public opinion polls and interviews. However, if our main question is not which party would be ideal for governance according to Hungarians, but rather whi...
- What shall I call you? - Paralell Liberalisms in Hungary
- Just 10 years ago, in 2013, the Republikon Institute published its analysis "Parallel Liberalisms: who are the liberal voters in Hungary?", in which it divided Hungarian liberals into three main groups: human rights, capitalist and self-proclaimed liberals. Much has changed in Hungarian public life in the last 10 years, which has also affected t...
- There is still more to learn
- Education has been one of the most decisive topics of the Hungarian public life since the change of regime in 1989. Sadly, mostly in a negative way. It is especially true for the last two years, because of the longest wave of education protests, which included numerous teachers’ strikes. The reason behind these demonstrations isn’t just the low ...
- Satisfaction with and confidence in public administration
- The analysis below examines citizens' satisfaction with the public administration, what improvements they would like to see and which areas they consider to be in need of comprehensive reform. For some questions, we looked at how Hungarian respondents felt about certain issues compared to citizens in other EU Member States.
- Respondents in Hung...
- More and more undecided voters, party preferences frozen
- "One in three voters have no party, the months-long decline of the Fidesz camp has stopped, and Momentum's popularity is at a six-month low." - Telex reported on the latest research by the Republikon Institute.
Key findings of the research:Party preferences changed slightly in October. Fidesz-KDNP is still at 29 percent among the total populatio...
- EP voters
- Hungarian voters will go to the polls again in a year, on 9 June 2024, when local elections and European Parliament elections will be held simultaneously in Hungary. Many things could change until then, including who will run for office in the election. Although the official campaigning is yet to begin, both the parties and the voters have start...
- Republikon’s Party Preference Research in June 2023
• In June, the support for Fidesz-KDNP decreased for the first time since January. They lost one percentage point among the total population and two percentage points among party voters, currently standing at 33% and 46% support, respectively. Several events in recent times may have influenced the popularity of Fidesz-KDNP, including the wave ...
- 20 years of Fidesz core voters
- • In our analysis, we looked at core Fidesz voters - electors who still have strong ties to the party between two elections - between 2002 and 2021, based on their social background and cultural characteristics, as well as their political opinions.
• It is important to note that the core group of voters considered in the analysis does not comp...
- Political ideologies within the opposition
- By the 2022 elections, a tentative bloc formation within the Fidesz opposition had begun, and after the election failure, the opposition cooperation fragmented again. In a previous analysis by Republikon Institute, we showed that opposition voters voted in roughly equal proportions for the opposition coalition as a whole and for the common list ...