Analyses and research
Analyses and research
- LGBTI people in the European Union
- It is not the NGOs, but the students themselves, who bring the LGBTI theme into the schools. In some Member States of the European Union, 69-85 percent of LGBTI society members became clear before the age of 18 that they had an LGBTI identity, so it was not a function of external influence or fashion, the Institute's analysis shows.
The summary ...
- Media consumption in Hungary
- The state of the Hungarian media was a fiercely debated topic in the past years. The media dominance of the party in government is often discussed, as well as the appropriation of the state media to spread political messages. We label every Hungarian medium as either government or opposition sided, and we create our own information bubbles accor...
- The support for the Fudan University’s Campus in Budapest
- The voters do not support the building of the Fudan University campus in Budapest – as found in the Republikon Foundation’s newest study. The plans about the Fudan University were known by most who were asked, which shows the importance of the issue in today’s political climate. Two-thirds of the voters are against the government’s plan. By stu...
- Split country?
- According to public opinion, residents of Budapest and of the countryside differ greatly from each other: they have opposite values, and in everyday life they are concerned about different issues. But is that so in reality? Our latest analyse show new approches of this question.
You can read the full results HERE!
Co-founded by the Europe f...
- The state of human rights in Slovenia and in Hungary during the first wave of the pandemic
The Republikon Institute’s research  was conducted in September, and it examined the evaluation of the handling of the pandemic during the first wave, people's judgment of the state of human rights during the coronavirus, and how they view the European Union’s role in the fight against the pandemic.
Since September, the situation got worse:...
- RESEARCH ON PARTY AFFILIATION SEPTEMBER 2021
- The research’s main findings:
The Republikon Institute’s research in September shows that the first round of the primary election was a success, the opposition was able to increase its advantage.
Fidesz support stagnated among the total population in September, it is still standing at 34 percent. This month the DK, Momentum, MSZP and the MKKP g...
- RESEARCH ON PARTY AFFILIATION JULY 2021
- • In July, the Fidesz-KDNP strengthened in the total population, changing from 33 percent to 35 percent. DK strengthened by 3 percentage points and currently stands at 12 percent. Momentum weakened 1 percentage point across the population, from 7 percent to 6 percent. Jobbik’s support also increased by 2 percentage points in the total population...
- Publication: The state of the media in the Visegrad Countries
- Our latest publication, called 'The state of the media in the Visegrad Countries' has just came out with the support of Freidrich Naumann Stiftung für die Freiheit. The editor was our colleague, Dániel Mikecz. The writers of the chapters were Gábor Horn (Republikon, HU), Géza Tokár (Political Scientist, Slovakia), Blazej Lenkowski (Liberté!, Pol...
- RESEARCH ON PARTY AFFILIATION MAY 2021
- If the Hungarian parliamentarian elections were this year, a representative sample shows that we could expect a 70% turnout. The Fidesz could secure 47% of the decided voters’ vote, and the strongest opposition party is the Jobbik with 14%. However, in the total adult population, the four strongest opposition parties (Jobbik, DK, Momentum, MSZP)...
- RESEARCH ON PARTY AFFILIATION APRIL 2021
- "It seems that Fidesz's communication and the vaccination campaign helped to turn the party's balance of support into a positive one, and Jobbik was also able to strengthen slightly in April" telex.hu writes.
The portal was the first to publish a detailed report on our April poll.
The research was conducted by interviewing 1,000 people by teleph...